Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Yes, I realize that it has been over a year since I have blogged anything and that I am a terrible blogger  however, I really am going to try to be better.  Life has been quite the roller coaster lately but has also been so exciting.  Corey and I have a big announcement, incase you missed the title of our blog. 
I am PREGNANT!
We are expecting our little girl, Hallee Renee Hansen, September 20th! We could not be more excited or feel and be more blessed.  Although Corey was hoping for a little buddy that he could take hunting and fishing, he is very excited to be wrapped around the finger of his baby girl, which he will be.  He himself has even admitted to that.  I am 24 weeks with 16 weeks to go and I feel like it can't come soon enough.  As soon as we found out that it was a girl and that her measurments and everything showed that she is an absolutely perfect healthy baby all I could think about what was just getting her here. Our pregnancy story starts back the beginning of February.  I had missed my blessed time of the month in January and was coming up on being late for February.  I had noticed that I was really tired and just didn't feel very good plus my chest was more than sore and tender but I was kind of in denial not wanting to get my hopes up.  Corey kept asking me if I thought I was pregnant and I just kept answering I didn't know.  I wanted to take a test but was just nervous to see a big negative.  Finally Corey said "britt I know you are pregnant will you just take a test."  So at 5:00 in the morning while Corey was sleeping I got up took a test and was an instant double line and POSITIVE!!  They usually say that you are supposed to wait 2 minutes for the result, well I didn't have to wait 2 seconds.  It was so exciting and at the same time unreal.  I went back into bed and layed there for about 45 minutes thinking of how I could tell Corey, what cute way could I let him know he was gonna be a daddy.  Finally the excitment got to me so I rolled over and woke him up.  I started out by telling him that we really needed to talk, I then asked him if he really was ready to have kids and wanted to be a dad.  He looked at me and said "yes, I promise, why are you pregnant" with a big smile on his face. That morning would also bring my first of many morning throw ups and the nauseation all day long.  Yes unfortunatley I was sick for the first 16-17 weeks.  I don't know who it was worse for me or poor Corey having to deal with an emotional sick wife.  Luckily and thankfully I am over the sickness, but still has my emotional days and moments.  Yes I watched that "Last Song", "The Vow" and even "World Trade Center" and bawled my eyes out and when Corey asked why I was crying all I could answer was "I don't know, because I'm pregnant."  It was so fun to go to our first appt. on February 15th and see that there really was a little baby in there.  Corey always makes fun of me because I did take another pregnancy test before our appointment. Then came our 2nd appt. and being able to hear her heart beat.  It was truly amazing and a comfort to be able to hear her little heart beat like what seemed a 100 beats a second, and to hear Dr. Lameroux say to Corey "dude that is your baby." Then was the 3rd where we heard her heart beat again.  Then came the appointment we had been waiting for.  For about 2 weeks before our appointment Corey would ask me everyday if I thought it was a boy or girl.  I can honestly say that at that point I knew it was a little girl.  So I would tell him and sure enough the next day Corey would ask if I still thought it was a girl. A few days before our appointment Corey then confessed that he really thought that it was a girl as well, it took him having 2 dreams that it was a girl to finally convice him.  He no longer was saying that he was just telling himself it was a girl so that if it was he wouldn't be to disappointed.  Well the big day came and Dr. Bean did all of the measurements which were perfect, she was 15 oz,, and in the 42nd percentile, with a perfect and beautiful profile and she is already a little thumb sucker.  Then came the moment of truth it was......a GIRL!  It finally all seemed real.  I was having a baby, but not just a baby or an it, we were having a little girl.  Dr. Bean is and was so great, we just love him.  The first thing that Corey said when we got home was "Oh my gosh babe what am I going to do when she turns 16 and wants to date?  I don't think I am going to be able to let her, aren't you nervous for that?"  I loved it and just started laughing.  I asked him if I could just have her first and get her through elementary school and junior high and then worry about that. I love being pregnant! I love that for a little over a month I've been able to feel this baby girl seriously flipping, and moving like crazy in my belly.  I love when Corey puts his hands on my belly and can feel her move and when he says that he loves that my belly is getting bigger (he has been trained well.)  I love that he says, like the nurses, that its great i've put on weight because it  means I'm making a big healthy baby. I seriously asked if the scale was broken and if that weight was a joke at my last Dr.'s appt.  I love that my garment tops are now all getting to small because my belly and lets be honest chest just keep getting larger.  I love that after I eat I seriously feel like I can hardly breathe.  I love that it is getting harder to just bend over and I have had to start squatting down to get things.  I love when I am at work and I catch my patients parents looking at my belly and can see that they want to ask if I am pregnant.  And the braves ones who do ask are so excited for me and then quickly ask and make sure that I am coming back to work after I have her.  I love that my mom has already decided to call her and does call her "Her Royal Highness"  because of her initials and yes she is going to be a princess......don't tell Corey I said that though :).  I already know that she is going to be a daddy's girl and stubborn just like her daddy.  We are both so excited and grateful to be able to bring one of our Heavenly Fathers beautiful little girls into the world.  It is amazing and a little scary to know the responsibility coming our way of raising our baby girl and the unconditional love that we already have for her and she isn't even here yet.  I am so grateful for the amazing mom that I have and for her example of being a perfect mom.  I hope and pray that I can be even half the mom to Hallee as my mom was to me. 

1 comment: