Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin carving, HaLlOwEeN, and of course..."Trick or Treat!!"

We had a lot of fun this past Halloween weekend. On friday night (30th) Corey and I carved pumpkins with my family. I am being completely honest when I say that our pumpkin totally and completely dominated the others :) :). Okay, okay so Brigg and Melynnes "crab" pumkin was impressive but still couldn't hold a candle to our DuCk, GuN and BuLlEt pumpkin!! (Don't worry guys there is always next year hehe :) ) On Halloween day we went over and had a delicious BBQ with my wonderful in-laws, and we also carved pumpkins, it truly was a lot of fun!! At the Hansens me and Corey's pumpkin was the headless horseman!! We simply drew it out by hand and then carved away. . . . . Okay so not really, we might of had a little bit of help with the paper that we traced but ya know. All of the pumpkins turned out way good and it was so fun being able to be with our families who we love so much!! Now a little background, every Halloween, ever since I can remember, so literally EVERY Halloween, my dad has always dressed up in his brown trench coat, one of my grandpas old hats and put a nylon over his face and then scares ALL, yes I mean ALL, of the little kids who come trick or treating. So this year my dad had a great plan. He decided that he would have Brigg, Corey, and Bronson help him out. They all dressed up and were stationed at certain spots in my parents front yard. My dad was by the front door (like always), Brigg and Bronson were at the end of the stairs, looking as if they were dummies, and Corey was in the back of his truck which was pulled in the driveway. Between the 4 of them they scared every single person who came to our house. Corey was almost beat by a mom, he scared 3 dads who were leaning up against his truck, and not to mention all of the poor little kids. My mom absolutely hates that my dad does this but my dad absolutely loves it. Why the boys are all out being mean and scaring, all of us girls have a fun time talking, eating candy, and usually will watch a scary movie. After all the scarying is done we all eat. A Barron family tradition is that we always have soup and "Barron supremes" on Halloween!! So like always that is what we had for dinner :). It was a great and fun weekend that we got to spend with our families. I love this time of year with all of the holidays and all of fun times and memories that come along with them along with all of the time that we get to spend with the people that mean the most to us, FaMiLy! We love you all so much and have truly been blessed to have the families that we have! Love you guys!! :)



Brigg, Melynne and their crab!





Our Pumpkin!











Dad and his pumpkin (with his trade mark..... EaRs)




Brons

Brae, and Kell


Brigg and Melynne :)




HaLlOwEeN!!!!



AHHH!! Scary (coreys in the mask)







mE aNd My HuBbY!!

Dad in his get up!










Brae and Corey (she really was scared)

Melynne and Brigg

Yummy yummy treats!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Britt! You are so pretty! How are you? I haven't talked to you in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh your dad cracks me up. And getting the boys all together to do it. Hysterical. Well not for the people they were scaring though. I probably would have peed my pants.

    ReplyDelete