Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ice Fishing!!

It is true, I..Brittnee Hansen went IcE fIsHiNg for the 1st time ever. It was quite the experience and to be completely honest it was a lot of fun. I was really excited to go, but to be honest I think that Corey might have been a little bit (or a ton) more excited. He honestly was so pumped for me to go ice fishing for the first time. Corey loves watching me do and try new things, it makes him so happy, which is absolutely great! And lets just say ice fishing is definitely a new thing for me. Me and Corey are complete opposites, Corey grew up hunting, fishing, camping, go kart racing, etc. I grew up dancing, cheering, playing tennis, and vacationing to warm spots/disneyland, camping "Barron" style, (meaning hotels). Totally different from the Hansen way of life. So for me to go out in the freezing cold weather and stand on a frozen lake to hope and pray that a fish bites at my pole is truly and accomplishment, and I loved every minute of it. My clothing apparel went as follows, capri garment bottoms (corey calls them grandma garments), two pairs of socks, sweats, Coreys gray snowboarding pants, a long sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, big coat, gloves, and a pair of papas boots (which were a little big but all is well.) Super Sexy, I know! Now I will say I don't think my husband has every told me how hot, and what an amazing wife I am as many times as he did that day haha. Oh ya and did I mention that I was the only girl who was going on the ice fishing trip to Scoffield?? Um ya I was, I would be accompanied by my hot husband, papa, my brother in law Shad, Corey's cousin Clint and his 2 boys Austin, and Nate! So as we are leaving my in-laws house to go on our adventure, my sweet charming husband comes up and says "You ready Britton." Ya Corey is a bit of a smart A! haha. He did make up for it however when he ran in to Macey's to get some drinks and came out with a bag of Cadbury eggs for me, asking "does this make up for calling you Britton??" Well of course it did and we were off to our destination! So I'm not gonna lie that is was a little bit scary walking across a frozen lake. I kept picturing myself falling through the ice and getting hypothermia, ya a tragedy, luckily nothing like that happened. As soon as we got set up with our holes dug and our poles ready a blizzard came!! It was snowing like crazy and windy and freezing!! It took the entire drive home for my hands and feet to unthaw. Even though it was cold and we didn't catch a single fish, this trip was so fun and so so worth it!! A great first (and possibly last) time ice fishing haha!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect, I love the post. WOW never thought you'd be ice fishing honestly! I am so proud of you! Corey naturally knows his way into a Barron girls heart --- Chocolate and nothing better than a cadburry egg!! Mike offered to run to the store for me tonight because I am needing a chocolate fix. Don't worry I already went through the bag we got on Saturday!! I said no i'd better not tonight but pretty sure tomorrow will be just great. I love you so very much. You are the very best friend. I truly miss you and as I am writing this I am crying, wow, better stop. You are the best tell Corey Hi and that I love him. XOXOX smmoooch and huggs!!

    ReplyDelete